Azerbaijan is a very promising market for us!
Robert Novotny, Director of the Representation Office of CzechTourism in Moscow:
- The National Czech Tourist Authority is an official government agency responsible for the promotion of national tourism abroad. It was established in 1993 with the purpose of promoting and advertising the country in foreign and domestic markets as an attractive tourist destination. In 2013 CzechTourism celebrated its twentieth anniversary. The fact that during this time the Czech Republic has been visited by more than 100 million foreign tourists demonstrates the great merit of this agency.
The Moscow office of the agency is responsible for the Caucasus countries, and our organization takes part in AITF annually, being a regular participant. As the new Director of the Representation, I am visiting Baku for the first time. My impressions are very vivid and positive: Azerbaijan's economy is growing rapidly, which is an important factor for tourism.
As the organizer of the stand, CzechTourism invited four Czech companies to participate in the exhibition and they are now welcoming their first visitors:
- Magestic Plaza from Prague;
- Bohema-Lazne is located in Carlsbad and has a health spa;
- ASTRA is the leading domestic (inbound) tour operator, and also operates from Carlsbad;
- the activity of the tour operator AVANTI covers the whole of the Czech Republic.
We are striving to increase the flow of tourists to the Czech Republic, to the various tourism destinations across the country. We regard Azerbaijan as a very promising market. This exhibition helps us to bring information to our potential customers about the variety of tourist destinations in the Czech Republic. We are satisfied with the level of arrangement of the exhibition and intend to continue the tradition of annual participation.